Queen Bacon On Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Amazing chocolate chip cookies

So when I was a little girl, I had this love for chocolate chip cookies. I didn't even need to dunk them, they were amazing just as they were.  When I was really little and we would goto my dad's sisters house (aunt Lucy and uncle Tom) my uncle would always have a box of entemans chocolate chip cookies we would sit and way them while he smoked his pipe. 
My mom would make home made cookies too, they were good! Huge chocolate chips with toll house morsels.  Perfect for dipping.  My mom had a recipe she saved off and old box of something and still uses it today.  I go off plan every xmas, and that's when I get to enjoy them...

NOT ANY MORE! 
You have to check out the cookies from against all grains.  I did make some subs along the way. 
In the recipe on the red plate I used butter and Stevia instead of coconut sugar and just the enjoy chips.  They were amazing, better then I ever imagined, and looked like they belong in a box.  People who don't eat paleo were screaming at me that I should sell them.

The cookies on the black plate were just as amazing.  I subbed the coconut sugar for monk fruit in the raw, and added some hazel nuts to replace some chocolate chips.  This was amazing too.  Very worth making.  I rolled these in ping pong sized balls after freezing the dough and pressed them down flat with my hands on parchment paper (bake on parchment paper too!)
The Stevia kept the cookies more while and store bought looking, and the monk fruit defiantly caramelized. If you have coconut sugar feel free to use that, I just couldn't find it locally. 
Please check out against all grains blog and recipe at the link below, you will not be disappointed!!!!!  You don't even have to mention to people that they are grain and sugar free! They will be amazed by them, they taste like amazing store/bakery bought cookies.

REAL DEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

No comments:

Post a Comment