Queen Bacon On Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Green tipped bananas and bananas are not the same. Bronies?

Happy 21 day sugar detox eve!  Yes I'm lame!
So here I am getting ready to make my first 21 day sugar detox breakfast "no'oatmeal" from the 21 day sugar detox cook book! I have everything set up and ready to go.
Now I'm ready to peel my banana and of course this banana is so under ripe I could hurt someone with it (no it's not a plantain, I'm part Puerto Rican, I know a plantain when I see it lol) and the top breaks off! Damn this banana, peel some more, no luck.  Ewww now my fingers are sticky and my banana is becoming a mangled mess, so I decide to bite the banana! No this is not the yummy flavor of even a green tipped banana! I throw it away.  Let's flash back a few hours to my shopping trip to Costco, I found some amazing things!  I'm waking around, I hear angels singing like church bells and I look over at a huge tote of green bananas! I said wow forget just the green tip, the whole thing is green! (Like this is a good thing?)
Well they are icky!  I don't know why it's hard for me to find them, and when I do they only stay that way for a hot minute, since my last sugar detox I have a freezer full of bananas! Lmao..  oh well!
Bronies?  Ok so a few weeks ago I was celebrating Christmas with my family while I say and chatted it up with my amazing nephew Felix, his birthday is soon too!  I believe he's turning 12.  Anywho, we were chatting it up about minecraft, and drawing school etc.  He starts telling me about bronies.  Men who love my little pony.  Now I honestly thought him and my great niece Lena (she's 14) were taking smack trying to make aunt Kerry believe them.  Grown men dressing like pinky pie, singing the theme, making costumes, videos, composing music. Bronie-con? Ok I entertained the idea but forgot about it.  I'm flipping through looking around, mentally promising my husband I won't watch orange and black with out him.  There it is, a Netflix freaking documentary about bronies! I'm floored!!!! I'm sorry kids that aunt Kerry didn't believe you! (I had to tell someone about this insanity)

Ok tip number one to my newer detoxees (is that a word?)
Meals will not taste the same through the detox, that not sweet dessert might taste like ehh on the first few days(you might not want to even eat it if it's your first detox and you don't currently follow a paleo like plan), ok on day 7, amazing on day 14, and on day 21 you can't imagine why you didn't come up with this?  Try things more then once if you didn't like it, dont eat it for a week and try again.

Don't make excuses!  There is always going to be a birthday, a wedding, stress, hardships, depression, sickness etc.  Don't make excuses, just jump in and do it, you can make it through, if life didn't have some hurdles it would be very boring and we would never strive for better! 

And last tip for the night;  be conscious to not replace addictions with another addiction.  Like now you are not eating candy bars oh I can smoke an extra cig on my break or sit down and eat half a jar of almond butter instead of cake. I have an overly addictive personality, just stay positive! 

In a few days I shall be posting my review for the 21 day sugar detox cook book!  Keep your eyes open!
Sweet dreams everyone!  Happy detoxing!

Here's a pic of my haul! From Costco and wholefoods!

No comments:

Post a Comment