Queen Bacon On Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chicken Liver Pate (posted for my big sister Reine)

I love chicken livers.  They are inexpensive, interesting, good for you...  (don't forget to eat your offal!)
When prepared correctly they taste amazing.  I love playing with them because if you really do them bad I can either pass them off to my animals, or toss them and they didn't cost me to much.   Well my big sister Reine just messaged me asking me for my recipe because her and her husband are in THE MOOD! (for chicken livers) LMAO
My sister has a blog also!  go check her out! she also has a book on amazon!  She writes poetry :)
My Sister Reines Blog!

Here's a fun picture of our family wayyyyyyyyy back in the day.. HELLO 1984!! BTW Reine, nice socks with your open toed shoes!  XOXOXO

OK, So here is my recipe.  I do not usually write things down so I'm pretty much WINGING THIS!

Start off with a frying pan, fry off 4-6 slices of bacon.  Fry until almost totally crispy and take them out of the pan.  Then to the pan add a medium onion chopped up and caramelize in the pan..
I then rinse the chicken livers off and chop them in half (you want to make sure they are cooked totally through)  and toss them in the pan with the onions, and also chop up the bacon and throw that back in too..  (I am queenbacon and I do not post enough recipes about bacon!)
I then add salt and black pepper to taste, also garlic powder, sage, a little rosemary, majorym(yes i spelled that wrong I'm sorry I don't use it often lol) , thyme, and a bit of parsley, and oregano. 

When everything is done and the livers are cooked through bust out the immersion blender (stick blender) and just process everything.  Make it as smooth as you like.  
I love this stuff, it reminds me of liverwurst!  I'm sure you can make it with other livers like beef, veal, or pork.  I will have to try that myself.  besides how can something not taste good with bacon and onions???  REALLY? lol ;)  
Anyway, this is great spread on veggies or just with a spoon.  I personally like it better cold.   Its amazing spread in a lettuce leaf with tomato and a little cheese and mayo.. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!  

Hope you enjoy!  I love you Reine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment