Queen Bacon On Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The easiest Pumpkin Sausage soup... EVER!!! (low carb and 21 day sugar detox friendly!)

OK for some reason over the years this is a soup is a recipe that I have adapted to almost any diet I followed.  This is one of those soups that is just about impossible to ruin.  Over the course of the chilly months you can make it with 10 different sausages, 10 different spices and it totally tastes different but is AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG (twerking it mentally)


Now I wanted to post what I made, But I'm not a very follow direction person.
Please substitute anything you want and play with this recipe, like I said its almost impossible to mess it up unless you totally over season it!

This is how I start
With your oil/butter/ghee of choice
2TBSP in  a big pot on the stove
then Add in 1-2 medium onions chopped
when they are almost caramelized add in as much chopped garlic of your choice (I love garlic, and its great for you so I usually would add about  a head chopped)
then add your sausage or ground meat of choice about 2lbs  I have made it with breakfast sausage, lamb sausage, spicy Italian sausage, sweet Italian sausage, chicken sausage.  I say ground meat of your choice, maybe you don't love pork like I do?  There are 100s of paleo sausage recipes on the net! HECK Next time I may MAKE IT WITH BACON!
After the sausage browns, then drop in about a package of mushrooms sliced, raw.  let them cook for a few minutes then add your broth.
Depending on how chunky and thick or thin you want it I'd add about 64oz of broth for this batch.  Use any broth you have.  I had a left over turkey bone broth, and a left over pork bone broth in my huge freezer and I just used one of each.
then add a 15oz can of pumpkin.
stir well and add the seasonings of your choice I'm going to make suggestions but pick and choose the ones you want to suit your mood these are the ones I have found go best: (salt, pepper, bay leaf, oregano, basil, thyme, red chili flakes, sage, rosemary, fennel seeds)    Let this all simmer for around 20 minutes, stiring every so often.
Then add a half a can of canned coconut milk, don't skimp either, use the full fat stuff.  let simmer another 20 minutes and serve.
Its really hard to mess this soup up, every single time I make it my family raves that "THIS IS THE BEST IT HAS EVER BEEN"
if you eat dairy, you can by all means use heavy cream instead of the coconut milk (this is great too)

This recipe is great for atkins, low carb high fat, keto, paleo, primal, and the 21 day sugar detox.
If you try something different, have any questions or anything PLEASE COMMENT!

XOXOXO

I'm sorry that I don't have exact measurements, but I PROMISE, this soup is SOOOOOO EASY!

Just be careful, its VERY easy to over eat this soup... to the point that you want to lay down in the corner face down.. hahahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment