Queen Bacon On Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 6 done, and fried green tomatoes!

First I'd love to give a huge THANK you to Jimmy Moore for putting my blog in his email today about new blogs to check out. Please check out his webpage if you live in a closet and never saw it before.
Livin la vida low carb

Ok day six is done, I'm very excited, I feel great, and day 7 is a breeze. 
In celebration of being almost done with my first week, and getting a shout out from a low carb great I came up with a new recipe for fried green tomatoes!
I was waking in the neighborhood and I saw a stand with tons of them and never had them before so here it goes!

6 medium sized green tomatoes sliced into quarter inch slices
2 medium sized eggs
Enough lard to cover the bottom of a frying pan.
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4th cup coconut flour
Qt teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
Qt teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Wash and cut your tomatoes.  In a dish wisk the 2 eggs in another dish mix all of the dry ingredients.
Put the lard in your frying pan (I used pork lard yum!) And put the temp on low to melt it and bring it up to temp to fry the tomatoes. It's up to temp when you put in a drop of water it sizzles.  Also I suggest using cast iron if you have it because it holds a constant temp.
Next dip each tomato slice in the eggs, then in the dry.
Fry the tomatoes each side for about 4 minutes on each side and drain on a paper towel
The seasoning blend for these with the slight spicy and the tart finish at the end is hands down orgasmic.. 

Let me know what you think!

XOXO
Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment